Total: 40 mins
Active: 35 mins
Makes: 4 (4-ounce) burgers
Beef burgers are great, but every once in a while you might want something different to throw on the grill. This lamb burger fits the bill?meaty and juicy, with loads of aromatic spices, and topped with a cooling Cucumber and Cumin Yogurt Relish that beats ketchup any day.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns or ciabatta bread cut in half
- Cucumber and Cumin Yogurt Relish
- Combine all ingredients except bread and yogurt relish in a large bowl and mix until evenly combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat. Once the grill is hot, cook burgers about 10 minutes per side, or until juices run clear and patties are firm to the touch.
- Place lamb burgers on buns, top with relish, and serve.
Beverage pairing: Green Point Shiraz, Australia. The spice and black pepper in the wine merge wonderfully with the flavors of the burgers, while the blackberry and plum notes refresh the mouth.Tags: